- As of this past November, I've started writing for Den of Geek on a weekly basis. In the past two months, I've already reviewed two complete TV seasons form them: Starz's Ash vs Evil Dead and AMC's Into the Badlands. Right now, I'm working on weekly reviews of MTV's The Shannara Chronicles and USA's Colony. Check out my blog for links!
- Guess what? We did it! Last November, Occult Generation was officially funded thanks to your support. Expect our first issue to come out this spring. Also, watch out for a new spin-off project I'm developing as a perk for backers called Free Spirits, also coming out this spring.
- The Kickstarter for Occult Generation is live! It's alive! Not only that, looks like it has become a Staff Pick. Fork yeah. Only a month left to go...
- Interviewed filmmaker Eugene Corr and Coach Roscoe Bryant about their new documentary, Ghost Town to Havana, for SFWeekly. "Baseball is a game of failure." Great quote.
- Published Part 3 of "The Empty Witch", Leon's prequel story for Occult Generation. It's full of bad dreams, weird noises and egg tarts.
- Spoke with director Evgeny Afineevsky about his new documentary, Winter on Fire, which documents the Euromaidan uprising in 2013. It's streaming on Netflix right now. Read and watch. I mean it. Go now.
- Had a truly awesome conversation with Anthony Lucero for SF Weekly, the writer and director of East Side Sushi. It's about a single Latina mother from Oakland that decides she wants to be a sushi chef. You need to see this movie, people! Oh, and read the interview too, obviously.
- Published more Occult Generation prequel stories! Part two of Leon's Story, The Empty Witch, can be found here. And...part one of Gladys's story, Widow Zone, is here. Empty Witch is a weird mystery tale, while Widow Zone is a white-knuckled action thriller. Question is, which one are you in the mood for? Right answer: both!
- Chatted with actress Bel Powley and filmmaker Marielle Heller about Diary of a Teenage Girl, the latest Sundance sensation, for dot429. One of my favorite interviews yet, actually. You'll see why.
- Preparing for social media initiative for that Occult Generation comic project. Models in place, first photo shoots in LA. Here's some behind the scenes pics, just because.
- Editing final version of X-Files ranking project for blog. (Kind of a lot of work, yo.)
- Starting another project, a whole week of Jackie Chan movie reviews. Because keeyah!
- Finished editing for Occult Generation, Chapters 1 & 2. Focused mainly on structure and dialogue. (Apparently I'm good with monologues.)
- Started ambitious project of ranking all X-Files episodes for personal blog.
- More work for Dr. Mabrie.
- Hired on as Story Editor for Ryan Fukuda and James Zark's Occult Generation comic book project.
- Begun work as co-writer and script consultant on Ken Kaneko's upcoming comic masterpiece Asylum.
- Served as branding consultant for Freelogue Inc.'s new app.